Willing to be willing but unable to stop

About my bulimia and other people/romance addictions...

Monday, July 03, 2006

too easy?

guys, this has been way to easy. i can think of only 1 time over a week ago when i had actual food cravings due to loneliness. come on!! am i missing something? i noticed today i had a slightly bigger appetite but i attribute it to pms. no withdrawal, no depression, no fear and most important, no desire to binge. i think when i stopped more than 2 weeks ago, i was really ready. i do not even miss this monster. course, if my love life turns sour, who knows how i will feel? i guess then i will be revisiting my "friend" bulimia.

it is so great to not waste money on binges literally down the toilet. maybe i should put that money aside and save up for something worthwhile. let's see i believe i spent a total of $700 on binge food these past several months. i will get the exact amount from microsoft money but that is my guess. i know because early on in the relapse, about a month and a half into it, i had already spent $260 on food.

i have been exercising again and my body feels great. i think my misake all those years of "recovery" was the diet food. i really beleive that all of that aspartame and sucrulose may have precipitated my food cravings. does anyone know more about this subject?

am i being naive? or have i really experienced a shift?

the only complaint i have is my insomnia. i have been taking a benzo for a few months and now it is not having the same effect. i knew this would happen but now i am afraid to sleep on my own. i have tried melatonin and have had variable success. i guess i need to go cold turkey and let my body naturally form a new sleep cycle. the problem is not falling asleep, although when i go to bed too late, that is a problem. my main problem is waking up around 4am and not being able to fall back to sleep. so that is only 4-5 hours of sleep. and the next day i have hige bacgs under my eyes and on my eye lids and i feel very tired. not good to be tired for 2 social work jobs.

does anyone have any advice about this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Feisty Frida said...

I think you're on the road to good things.

xo
Frida

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home