Willing to be willing but unable to stop

About my bulimia and other people/romance addictions...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

manic?

i was diagnosed with bipolar II during my 4 month rehab stay 5 years ago at Sante Center for Healing. There i met sex addicts, pedofiles, drug addicts, alcoholics and eating disordere folks. and everyone was given this diagnoses of bipolar. most patients were on anti-depressants and a mood stabilizer like depakote or neurontin, and some really sick ones on an anti-psychotic.

i never really bought into the diagnoses. especially because some of my highly promiscious times were while i was taking those meds and in fact, when i became pregnant i was on mood stabalizers for my "manic behavior."

lately, i have been hypersexual, overspending on credit cards and of course binging and purging. i feel high much of the time, euphoric when i am dating, depressed when things do not go my way. i wonder sometimes if they were right, or is this nutritional deficiencies or hormones that are causing my mood swings and impulsive behavior?

1 Comments:

Blogger PTC said...

Interesting. I'd say is something you should probably talk to your doctor about.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home