Willing to be willing but unable to stop

About my bulimia and other people/romance addictions...

Monday, July 24, 2006

tired of living

over the weekend, when i was shopping with my friend david, i felt this wave of depression and despair overcome me. and it really has not left since.

today is my 30th birthday and i am heartsick. i can't catch my breath; my breathing is shallow and i have to consciously remember to breathe. i feel like i am suffocating. i am so unhappy. i do not know why--maybe the failure of this recent romance to be a good thing, maybe seeing my birth daughter yesterday on the potty, maybe seeing my mother fatigued and sick with lupus, perhaps the disappointment with myself over my slip yesterday.

i have been having thoughts of suicide. not that i would do that but i find myself wondering what it would be like to be hit by a car or to throw myself over the edge of the boat i was on in nyc. usually such thoughts are an indication that my depression has returned. i would never do it but the thoughts are there...wishing i could go to sleep and not wake up for a while.

i am so incredibly lonely. i have no prospects for a partner. no children. i am feeling so damn sorry for myself right now that it is making me feel pathetic on top of it. i have 3 clients tonight so i have to get my act together and be strong...put on the professional face. i wish i could stay in bed all day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Feisty Frida said...

When you say your 30th b-day, you make it sound like you're so old, and don't have the things around you that would make you happy...but 30 is YOUNG, and you have lots of time to find the right man, and start a beautiful family. I wish I could make you feel better.

Hope your birthday turns out to be a good day!!

Love,
Frida

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home